There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
MAXSPECT GYRE XF350 SINGLE PUMP PACKAGE
Revolutionary Crossflow Water Movement Technology
The Maxspect Gyre is the world's first "gyre"- generating water moving device for aquariums. Compared to traditional powerheads and wavemakers that are based on propeller nozzle flow technology, the Maxspect Gyre is based on advanced crossflow technology which produces massive horizontal water movement leaving little to no dead spots in its wake.
Gyres are ocean current systems that basically move the water in a circular way. A spiral oceanic surface current driven primarily by the global wind system and constrained by the continents surrounding the three ocean basins (Atlantic, Pacific, and Indian). Each ocean basin has a large gyre in the subtropical region, centered around 30 degrees north and south latitude. Smaller gyres occur at 50 degrees north latitude in the North Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The direction of a gyre's rotation is determined by the prevailing winds in the region, with the large subtropical gyres rotating clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere
Wavemakers excel in making waves, while waves are spectacular to watch in motion, they are in fact moving the majority of the water vertically up and down, with relatively low horizontal movement, especially near the bottom of the aquarium. On the other hand, gyre generators excel in moving sheer flow of water from one side of the aquarium to the other. The sheer flow of water is so strong that i would bounce back from the opposite site to achieve full circulation within an aquarium, ie. generating "gyre flows".
- Crossflow Technology
- Virtually no dead spots
- Evenly Distributed Flow
- Water bounces back from the other side to create a full circulation, ie. generating "gyre flows"
- Discrete Design
- The 300 series are designed to operate at near silent levels.
- Flow Director enhances water flow direction - moving water to any place within your tank more precisely while shielding the cages and rotors from light which helps slow down algae growth, and decrease maintenance.
- Gyre Generating Flows - Virtually No Dead Spots
- Advanced Controller with the ability to add an additional gyre to work in tandem.
- Waterproof Mounting Magnet
- 12 Month Warranty
- Contents: 1 - Gyre Pump with Magnetic Mount, 1 - Controller, 1 - Power Supply.
- Maximum Flow: 5283 GPH
- Power Consumption: 5 - 52 Watts
- Recommended Aquarium Size: 150 - 750 Gallons
- Pump Module: Dimensions (LxWxH - includes magentic mount in aquarium): 12.8" x 1.5" x 3"
- Cord Length (Pump to Control): 3m (9.8')
- Cord Length (PSI to Control): 1.5m (4.9')
- Supports glass thicknesses up to 20mm or 3/4"