There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Shipping & returns
Aquarium Illusions ships dry goods throughout Canada and the continental US. Livestock is shipped within Canada only. Aquarium Illusions is unable to ship to PO Boxes.
Aquarium Illusions ships via Canada Post, Courier Ground, Courier Express at our discretion. Shipping cost is calculated at time of checkout. Aquarium Illusions reserves the right to adjust shipping costs after checkout if adjustments are required due to exceptional situations. If any adjustments are to be made, you will be contacted to confirm changes and get your approval prior to shipping
Shipments that are oversized or heavy(for dimensions) are subject to additional shipping cost. In this event, you will be contacted prior to shipping with the shipping quote. Some examples of this would be items such as Aquariums, Salt, Rock/Sand, Pond Liner, long light fixtures/long bulbs, etc.
Dry Good Orders are processed and shipped by the next business day.
Livestock Orders placed before 12 noon MST Monday through Thursday will be processed and shipped the same day (exception: Monday orders wil be shipped on Tuesday). Orders received after 12 noon MST will be processed the next business day. We do not ship livestock on Fridays or weekends due to potential delay in delivery schedules. All Livestock must be shipped FedEx First or FedEx Priority.
Combination Orders: Dry Goods and Livestock will be shipped separately. Smaller dry goods may be shipped with livestock when there is space in the shipping container, but must be shipped Express because of the livestock.
Shipping rates are calculated to major centers or locations within standard shipping lanes. Locations that are in rural or in remote areas may have additional shipping costs or slightly longer delivery timelines.
Shipping rates will be calculated at Check Out.
Shipping Options at Check Out are as follows:
- Dry Goods include Canada Post, Courier Ground or Courier Express
- Livestock orders must be shipped FedEx Courier Express Next Day Service
- In store Pick Up is available for all order types
- Free In City Delivery available on orders over $50 (pretax) Downtown locations excluded due to parking and time constraints
- Dry Good & Livestock mixed shipments will need to go Courier Express Next Day Service (due to livestock)
Express shipments will arrive the next business day by noon to major centers (if ordered by 2 pm the previous day)
All Express shipments require you be home and sign for the parcel the day of delivery. Failed delivery attempts will void all livestock warranties.
It is your option to purchase Insurance with the carrier. The first $100.00 in product value is included free.
Additional Insurance costs are $2.50 per additional $100 in coverage on Ground shipments and $3.50 per additional $100 in coverage on Express shipments.
Note: No carriers will insure livestock, so only add on insurance for dry good product value.
DRY GOOD RETURN OR EXCHANGE POLICY
RETURNS – Drygoods Only
Aquarium Illusions wants you to be happy with the product(s) you order. The following conditions apply to all returns.
- All returns and/or exchanges must be made within 14 days from receipt of product.
- The item must be unused, and in its original packaging. The packaging must be in new sellable condition. For your safety, sealed items are nonrefundable (ie: canned or bottled items)
- All parts, accessories, warranty cards, instructions and packing materials must be enclosed.
- Shipping fees are only refundable when the product is defective or if the product was sent incorrectly (defective products must be returned within 14 days from receipt of goods)
- Special order, sale/discounted items, books, or custom items are non refundable
- Cash refunds will be issued for defective items or items sent in error. Online credit will be issued for dry goods items returned for other reasons.
- Aquarium Illusions reserves the right to charge a 15% restocking charge on items returned or on cancelled orders (excluding exchanges).
- Returned items must be sent back in secure and insured packages. Damaged goods that are a result of insufficient packaging will not be eligible for refund.
- Aquarium Illusions can not be held responsible for things beyond our control, such as shipping delays or lost/damaged items.
The Return Process – Complete the Return Procedures on our website to initiate your return. Returns must receive a return authorization before being sent back. Dry goods returned without the proper paperwork will not be accepted for return, exchange, or credit. Sales Final on the following items: Custom Orders, Tanks & Stands, Pond Liner, Livestock, Food/Additives, Clearance Products. (This is to protect our customers from purchasing returned goods, and possible compromised goods from mishandling)The Claim Process – In the unlikely case that your dry goods arrive damaged in transit, please contact us toll free 1-800-559-6546. When possible, we will initiate a claim for you. Ensure that you keep all packing materials as your received them. In some cases, they will come back to inspect them or may request pictures of the damaged shipping packaging and all damaged goods.If the shipper damages your product, you will not be charged shipping on the replacement product. You will have 3 options:
- Send us back the product after the Courier has viewed the product onsite. When they approve the claim (we will communicate this to you), we will refund you or send you the new product at no charge.
- Repurchase a new replacement product. When the claim is approved, we will issue you a refund or credit (whichever you choose).
- If you decide not to get a replacement product, you will need to return the product at your cost and a 15% restocking fee will apply.
- The 50% deposit on Custom Orders or Special Orders is non-refundable