There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Brightwell Aquatics Xport Bio-Plate
- Brand: Brightwell Aquatics
Brightwell Aquatics Xport BIO Plate - Xport – the premier filtration media in the world!
Xport-BIO Ultra-porous Biological Media with Superior Performance Characteristics.
- Utilizes NanoIntelex Technology to create an enhanced material with vast surface area for colonization by beneficial nitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and efficient conversion of ammonia into nitrite and nitrate.
- The highest colonizable surface area to volume ratio of synthetic biological filtration media available.
- Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent nitrification.
- May be employed to rapidly decrease ammonia and nitrite concentrations in even the most heavily-stocked aquatic systems.
- May be used in conjunction with Xport-NO3 and Xport-PO4
Nominal 9" x 8.00" x 1.50" for Aquascaping, Biofiltration, and Coral Propagation
Because our material is not fired or heated, but chemically hardened:
- Surface area over 10 times as high as any competing products (many times hundreds to thousands of times as high)
- Wicks water and stays wet for days after a pump fails, allowing bacteria to remain alive much longer and be ready when a system upset is repaired.
- We can dope it with sulfur, ferric oxyhydroxide or almost any other material to facilitate bacterial growth or remove pollutants
- It contains coral aragonite powder to buffer pH and provide for bacteria life longevity.
- We can make it in almost any shape and size - to fit a specific filter system.
Use one XPort BIO PLATE for every 1,250 U.S. gallons (4,750 L) of system capacity, more for heavy bio loads. Rinse material well with aquarium water or purified tap water. For superior results, seed the material well with the aquarium water or purified tap water. For superior results, seed the material using FLORINBACTER, MICROBACTER7 or MICROBACTER CLEAN as appropriate for your aquarium, by placing XPORT BIO BRICK in a plastic container, filling it with aquarium water, and then adding the full recommended dose of either bacterial product,based on the size of your aquarium, to that container. Allow to stand overnight and then add the seeded XPORT BIO BRICK to your system. You may also add the water back to your aquarium if desired. It is recommended that you use sponge, fine filter floss or other material. For maximum results, also provide a good carbon source of growing bacteria, such as Brightwell KATALYST bio pellets or liquid REEF BIO FUEL or FLORIN AXIS as appropriate for your aquarium, as directed on their label.
Brightwell Aquatics Aquarium Supplies
The goal of Brightwell Aquatics is to provide the absolute highest quality, scientifically-sound products and customer service of any aquarium water care manufacturer, and to do it all in a straight-forward and honorable fashion. All Brightwell products are formulated by marine scientists with a passion for the aquarium hobby. They utilize the highest purity ingredients in concentrations that provide the most use to hobbyists. Nearly all Brightwell Aquatics products are over 99.9% pure. The usage guidelines of Brightwell Aquatics products are written in plain language but the company is always available to answer consumer questions. All products are lot numbered for quality control and customer service.